Tuesday 14 April 2020

Online Teaching during Covid-19 Lockdown

I talked in my last post about the process I went through to get to the formate we have ended up during for our online learning during the Covid-19 lockdown.

In this blog post I want to share in more detail what we decided to do and why.


So as discussed in this blog post we have used published to the Web Google Slides as the base for our learning at home page. We decided to limit the links by having one page and one Slide deck that all learning was on. In doing this it meant children could easily find Everything they needed in one place. 

We have had feedback from parents that this has been useful, as "it made it easy for kids to follow with little support from them." 

This video is just a look at what our learning for home page looks like. For may detail please go to my Class Onair Episode on this topic


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Clarelle, I have shared your use of the auto play feature in Google Slides to auto play your embedded video instructions and recommend this for any teachers using slides this way.
    Thankyou!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona,
      I think the auto play adds to the experience for the learners. I hope all I have learnt will help other teachers. Thanks for all you are doing to support teachers across New Zealand during this time.

      Delete