I have been asking myself a lot this term what has been the impact of my teaching? Have I really made a difference for these learners and how do I know?
This lead me to think back about the shifts I have been monitoring this year and the interventions I have put in place for my learners.
Below is a presentation that shows writing samples from one learner over 3 time points. It looks at what shift was made in terms of number of words, working out unknown words, content and punctuation. If you look through the presentation you will see that this learner has made a great deal of shift in these areas.
I included this example as the main way I monitor writing shift is through conferencing with the learners and looking closely at their writing looks.
Below is the reading shift for my class from term 4 2018 to term 3. The blue shows the starting point by number of students at each PM reading level and the red the number of students at each level in term 3. You can see we have had a large number of students shift however shifts have not been as significant as I would have liked.
This data shows level and age shift of my target learners. Many of whom have moved a number of levels but this has not meant a large shift in reading age.
During this reflection I have found that the interventions I have put in place have been beneficial for the learners however they have not been constant enough. This is due to time spent out of class with my CoL Across School Role and the changes that have happened in my space with year with changing co-teachers.