Monday 19 August 2019

Inquiry Update term 3

10: Describe how you will collect information about the implementation of your changed practices/intervention (so it is clear what you doing differently)

11: Describe how you will keep a record of each of the above in a manageable way

When I started my inquiry my question was will the use of more rewindable teacher and learning in literacy lift student achievement and support improved teacher practice? What I have come to realise is that this question is huge and that perhaps rewindable is not the biggest change I need to make in my teaching. I realised this as the students became reliant on the rewindable resources. As such I have adjusted my inquiry question will gifting language and targeting specific area lift achievement student achievement in literacy.


What am I doing differently in my classroom?
-I have had focus blocks on setting and characters
-Used gifting EE to support writing


What new changes I am going to start
-Building sight word automaticity through writing warm up
-A focus on modelling, guided and shared writing.





How will I measure and monitored changes in my teaching?
I have begun pull a group of learner to do a writing sample, dictation and automaticity test. I will do this very 5 weeks and monitor changes. I will also ask learners about their feelings towards writing and monitor changes in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment