Saturday 9 March 2019

Learning Together

I can't believe we are half way through term 1 already, time has flown so fast. Reflecting back on the first half of the term one of the things that stands out for me is the idea of "Learning Together."

I have been privilege to be able to visit a number of junior class within my own school to support teachers with different elements of working in a 1-1 iPad classroom. One thing that I have found profound for me has been the collaboration that happens when two teachers and many learners support each other.

One example of this was when I visited a year 1 classroom. I have never been a year 1 teacher so it was amazing see how this teacher taught and then bring the iPad skills to support her and her class. The lesson became a conversation between two teacher and as such the lesson developed.

We started with what the children already taking a photo, then we build in one more skill of cropping it. After we both felt they new this we revisited the skill of duplicating and finished by adding the skill of locking. The joy the filled the faces of the learners was incredible and both teachers learnt valuable skills from each other and were able to adjust the pace of the lesson based on the needs of the learners.

The best part was that the lesson was pure learn, create, share all rolled up together as the children created to learn and shared as they learnt helping each other and working together. 

Thank you Room 16 for having me to visit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment