Monday 26 March 2018

Developing a bigger picture using data

As I continue to develop the picture of my learners I have drawn on a number of data sources to form a wider picture of mathematics achievement and vocabulary in mathematics.

First I looked at the gloss results as discussed in my previous blog post. Then I explored the PAT results and looked at these by section of the test. This painted an interesting picture. I noticed that learners tended to have more knowledge than strategy and that within my target group a number of students struggled with the Strand aspects of mathematics.

I also collected student voice discussing with them their thought on mathematics. I also talked to learners and made note of the vocabulary which they understood.


From this data I now have a clearer picture of what my next steps in my inquire and the areas within mathematics that I need to focus on as I continue my inquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment