Saturday 24 September 2016

Ignite presentation




Ignite presentations are not easy. They involve creating a presentation then sharing it in 5mins, However each slide plays for exactly 15seconds and if you time it wrong you can't turn back the clock. 

One thing in particular that I learnt from doing an ignite presentation is that 15 second can either feel like a life time or be gone in the blind of an eye. I found it extremely hard to know how much information I should have to present on each slide. 

The great thing about these presentation is that a picture tells 1000 word, so careful picture selection and use of short but snappy words is the key to an effective presentation. If you can say it without words do, If you can say it in one word do. 

When I next do an ignite presentation they key thing I will remember are: 

-Be well prepared and remember that creating 20 good slides takes time. 
-Practice making every 15 seconds count is the key to success. 
-Relax it's not the end of the world if the small point misses out no one else know that you were going to say it. 
-Enjoy the moment because if you enjoy it your audience are more likely to as well.  


Below is my presentation on one laptop per child. This is the topic I was given on the day and I only had a few hours to create my presentation ready to present. 


I am lucky that this topic links to my own practice and that I have my own experience to draw on. I truely believe that with any presentation when you are connect to the content and passionate about it, IT SHOWS! 

I really enjoyed giving an ignite presentation a go and hope to present another one in the future. 



I really enjoyed giving an ignite presentation a go and hope to present another one in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment